Use Ketostix urine reagent test strips to monitor ketones to ensure that the body is not using too much fat for energy.
When should you test for ketones?
- When you have a cold, the flu or any other kind of illness
- When your urine sugar test results show large amounts of sugar (2% or more for two or more tests in a row, or for several days in a row)
- When you feel the signs of high blood sugar (over 13.3 mmol/L) or when your blood sugar is over the range your doctor had set for you (if you monitor your blood glucose)
- When you are under stress (e.g. at home, school, work)
- Regularly during pregnancy
Ketostix Reagent Strips for Urinalysis 50pk